To measure irrigation run times, a Gems PS41 series 4-PSI pressure switch can be added to your Mark deployment. The pressure switch can be installed in agricultural contexts where drip irrigation is present in order to record irrigation run-times and amounts.
The Gems Pressure switch features a ¼” male thread. This thread will be attached to additional pieces that enable the switch to attach to your drip line.
- ¼” to ¾” female to male reducer
- Coupler T - This needs to be fitted to your drip line
- Teflon or cement tape
Prior to installing the Gems Pressure Switch, confirm that your associated Mark device is successfully deployed and connected to the network. You can do this by looking in the web or mobile apps. Ensure that your Mark is connected to an Auxiliary Bridge.
- Tightly secure the T and reducer to the Gems pressure switch using the Teflon/cement tape.
- Cut the irrigation line.
- Place the pressure switch with the metal end facing towards the ground and the plastic part facing upwards in between the spliced lines.
- Fasten the ends of the T into the line.
- ⚠️ Be careful not to unscrew any of the pressure switch pieces in order to avoid leaks.
- Attach the cable to the analog port of your Auxiliary Bridge and make sure it is facing up.
After you complete the installation it is critical that you enter the flow rate for your site in the Arable Web App.
- Visit app.arable.com
- Go to Settings > Devices
- Click the "Validate" button under Connected Sensors
- Complete the sensor set-up
⚠️ Please note: irrigation events will not be captured until the sensor is validated.