- A pole to mount the device on. We recommend 3/4" conduit. For wine specifically, a height of 9ft is optimal.
Here is a quick link to add it to your shopping basket:
- 2 metal band clamps (see below for sku) to attach the pole to existing trellis infrastructure. Attach one at the base and one at the top to stabilize the pole.
Here is a quick link to add it to your shopping basket: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-4-in-Stainless-Steel-Clamp-6756595/202309381
- Socket wrench to tighten the band clamps
- Optional: Soil Probe or Hand Spade
Generally for installation in wine, we recommend deploying the device off the pole before attaching to the pole.
This helps avoid standing on a tall ladder on a hillside :)
Installation in Vineyards:
1. Check charge. The devices should be at full charge when you receive them, but double check by a quick press of the button. The lights will count up around the Arable 'A' logo on the device twice. If it flashes with 3 or 4 of the lights lit then you are good to go to the field! This means the device is 50% or more charged.
2. Place pole near trellis post. This will take a little adjustment to get it flat along the post and in between wires. Don't fix it to the post just yet. You will want to be able to tilt it towards yourself to put the device on the top of the pole before affixing it to the trellis post.
We also recommend creating a hole near the base of the trellis post to bury part of the pole in using a soil probe or hand spade. This gives it some added optional stability.
3. Attach the device to the mount. On the bottom of the device is an alignment tick. Align this tick with the button on the vertical mount and twist counterclockwise until until you hear a click.
4. Device Deployment. Lights on the device will start blinking to indicate that the deployment sequence has initiated. The initiation sequence boots the system, runs two sensor tests and connects to the server. This may take several minutes. Please stay with the device. When the sequence is finished, all four lights around the arable logo should shine solid blue and blink in unison a few times.
4. Attach device to pole and make sure the lenses on the bottom of the device are over the wine grape vine & canopy. The device should be positioned about 3ft above the canopy at full height/growth.
5. Attach the pole to the trellis post using band clamps. Put one at the base and one at the top.
6. Log into the app to see the devices that have just deployed. It may take up to 4 hours for the devices to show in the app. You can select the new locations from the list in the right hand of the interface and give them a name or tags (such as the varietal) etc.