Sentek Drill & Drop soil probes can be installed by a professional, or by yourself if you prefer.
To install a Sentek Drill & Drop soil probe, you will need:
- a powerful drill
- a Sentek tapered auger corresponding to the length of your probe
- a Sentek installation tripod
- a Sentek extractor (in case you must remove a partially-installed probe)
- a bucket with the bottom removed
- 100 liters (20 gallons) of water
Before going to the field to install, view the Sentek Drill & Drop installation video and the attached Drill & Drop install guide.
After installing the probe, apply the water slowly to the top of the probe and the soil immediately around it. Saturate the soil column around the probe. Arable will use the probe's measurements of drainage to set a saturation point for the soil.
To remove a Sentek Drill & Drop probe from the soil, you will need an extractor. Before going to the field to remove a probe, view the removal portion of the Sentek how-to video.
Arable offers the auger, tripod and extractor kit for rent in North America and Europe. We can also connect you with a local installer. Contact us at email@example.com for details.