Check battery level and solar cable connections
If battery LED light is red, ensure that an Arable Solar panel is connected to Mark:
- Check all connections between cables
- Check cable connection to port on underside of device
- In full outdoor sunlight, cover top dome completely to ensure that no light reaches internal solar cell. View charging indicator LED on underside of device. If charging indicator LED illuminates, then external solar panel is charging Mark device.
Check deployment status
View status indicator on underside of device, and short-press top button for 1 second.
Green = deployed
Yellow = undeployed
Blue = progressing through deployment sequence
Press and hold top button 3 seconds to undeploy device
Repeat to deploy device.
Verify that deployment status indicator illuminates green.
Hard reset with a paper clip
In rare cases, Arable may ask you to perform a "hard" reset using these steps:
1. Remove watertight SIM cover with screwdriver ⊕
2. Press paper clip into hole marked "RESET"
3. Align rectangular seal on inside of SIM cover with rectangular hole.
4. Re-attach SIM cover with screws. IMPORTANT: Ensure a watertight seal.