Arable Mark devices are developed and tested for agricultural deployment outdoors under open sky. Clear access to signals from GPS satellites is required to lock GPS. GPS latitude and longitude is required to establish a device location.
Partial deployment indoors (for testing cellular connectivity, for example) is possible with these caveats:
- Insufficient GPS signal will cause GPS indicator LED on top of device to illuminate red
- Device may not appear on Locations map on app.arable.com
- Device may not appear on My Operations screen in Arable mobile app
- Without sufficient sunlight, devices deployed indoors will lose battery energy unless plugged in
- Indoor air temperature measurements may be affected by indoor heating, ventilation and cooling